The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division announces the Virtual Fashionistas Styling Contest and Speaker Series running throughout the months of September and October. In addition, the Virtual Fashionistas will be featuring various activities through the AiConnections page. Check out the details below!
Virtual Fashionistas Styling Contest
Showcase your interest in fashion and your skills in creating a fashionable look for a chance at a $100 gift card! Here’s how to participate:
• Create a full fashion ensemble with accessories—belts, shoes, jewelry, makeup and hairstyle to present a head-to-toe look and provide a photograph of your creation.
• Design your ensemble for a special event, such as a red carpet appearance, the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala, a resort vacation, an elegant party, a designer fashion editorial or other high-profile event. A visual fashion story should be clear from the photograph provided.
We'll be accepting entries until October 31, 2013 at 11:59PM EST. To learn more, download the contest information and release forms.
Saturday Speaker Series
Virtual Fashionistas will host live workshops via GoTo Meeting on the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays in September and October. Visit the Events Page in the Campus Common to sign up.
• 9/14: What’s in a Stylist’s Kit
• 9/21: Makeup for Photography & Television
• 10/12: Professional Software for Fashion Stylists
• 10/19: A Stylist’s Portfolio
Learn more and register for these events on the Events page in the Campus Common!
All activities will be held throughout September and October on the AiConnections Virtual Fashionistas page.
• Mondays: Read featured quotes and suggestions from stylists.
• Wednesdays: Learn more about books and online resources about stylists and styling.
• Fridays: Guest bloggers will cover subjects such as finding models, photographers, and locations when you are on a budget, how to meet designers who want their work promoted, and the difference between a personal stylist and a photographic stylist.
To visit the Virtual Fashionistas page, log in to Connections through the Campus Common here!